Friday, July 27, 2018

Introduction

Hello,
I'm glad you've found our blog. As you can see, we review animated films. What follows is a statement of purpose by the two contributors of this blog as to why we decided to make this. We hope that you like the articles and reviews we put up on this page.

This is a blog created for the expressed purpose of reviewing animation and animated films. Animation, as an art form, is a wonderful tool for artistic expression and, though the bias is fading, there is a tendency for animation and it's artistic merits to be dismissed as a product for a youthful mind. Part of what we hope to do is show the tremendous value that animation provides in the realm of art and narrative storytelling. I also hope for this to be a fun project where we can take a second look at some of our favorite films and share our thoughts for other people to see.

-CJ


Animation has always been important to me, and has been something I've wanted to pursue for a long time. With the disappearing art of traditional animation being phased out of the media, I would like to go back and see what brought us to the realm of living art and captured our interest for the first time. I want to find the answers to why we love these films, and why they've changed so much over time. Currently, I think that animation has made a turn for the worse, with traditional animation being done only by a few select studios. However, I'd like to see if my mind changes as time passes. 

Thank you so much for taking some time out of your day to read this blog. I hope you find it enjoyable!

-AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment